Belka & Strelka is out right now on Kalligrammofon.
Coming up: Statues Asleep, brand new Sternpost album! Pre-order here
Furthermore: Testbild! are still discussiong a vinyl release of The Ocean Tango CD. There's also talk of a forthcoming collaboration with eccentric English spoken word poet Dolly Dolly.
This page will be updated regularly. Thank You for Your interest!
03 May 2011: Pre-order Barrikad HERE
18 April 2011: The forthcoming album by Testbild! is to be released by Kalligrammofon. It's called Barrikad, and is almost entirelly accoustic, centered round a lot of guitars, horns, a harpsichord and a church organ. The lyrics are sung in the Swedish language, and it's on vinyl this time (finally!). Comes with fabulous artwork and a poster.
Don't miss, and don't forget to download the double A-side single on Kalligrammofon's homepage! There's a video by Sebastian Rozenberg as well.
24 September 2010: THE OCEAN TANGO IS OUT NOW
"The Ocean Tango", a collaboration between Louis Philippe (http://www.louisphilippe.co.uk) and Swedish art-pop conceptualists Testbild! (http://www.testbild.org) can now be purchased from:
Here you can preview tracks, and purchase an immediate download for
20 September 2010: The Ocean Tango, a collaboration between Louis Philippe and Swedish band Testbild!, will be released shortly. It will be available as a download, with or without a CD, but we'd also like to know if there's any demand for vinyl, and if so what people would be willing to pay for it. This will help us decide if a vinyl version is financially feasible.
If you'd be interested, please let us know by completing the form at:
The Ocean Tango is the result of a joyful summertime collaboration between French pop craftsman Louis Philippe (http://www.louisphilippe.co.uk) and Swedish art-pop conceptualists Testbild! (http://www.testbild.org). An intoxicating blend of chamber pop and chamber jazz, the album is awash with trumpets, vibraphones, flutes, strings, harpsichord, Fender Rhodes, nylon guitar and the lushest of harmonies - all wrapped around elegantly tooled, constantly surprising melodies. Imagine a late-night session featuring the Beach Boys, Antonio Carlos Jobim, John Taylor and Kenny Wheeler, with a few electronic flourishes from Brian Eno, and maybe even the odd hint of the Canterbury Scene, and you
08 September 2010: Yet another sneak peak at The Ocean Tango album can be found here. Enjoy!
09 June 2010: All Suprises!
Please feel free to download a brand new compilation by our very dear friend Chris Evans of The Curve Ball radio show here. Our song is Monochrome Kaleidoscope, taken from last year's album Aquatint. And: there's an exclusive sneak preview of the Ocean Tango album (our collaboration with the one and only Louis Philippe), a song called Azimuth. Sleevenotes by acclaimed author Jonathan Coe.
01 June 2010: Here's Testbild! doing a brand new cover of 'Astroboy', by The Buggles. This song is exclusive for the new issue of Friendly Noise, and will not be released in any other way.
Stay tuned for news about The Ocean Tango, the upcoming collaboration with Louis Philippe!
Thank You for Your attention.
16 June 2009: Louis Philippe is on his way to our place! sessions for the upcoming collaboration will begin this weekend.
04 February 2009: Releaseparty for Aquatint!
18th of February, 8.00 PM
Klubb Micro / Babel
23 December 2008: information about Aquatint, from our record company Friendly Noise:
1. In 2009 Friendly Noise will release one new artefact every three months. Every release can differ from the previous one; it all depends on what we and our bands/artists want to do. One release can be a CD, another a vinyl, and then a printed object or something else.
2. The artefacts will be released as limited editions. This will, when it's records, be combined with good digital distribution, which means unlimited availability for anyone who wants the music.
3. The artefacts will be manufactured in editions of 300 copies. The price to buy them will, considering the limited editions, still be relatively inexpensive since we no longer will have middle man distributors, and also because we don't do this for profit.
4. It's not until we receive 100 pre-orders that we will send the record to the manufacturing place. If not 100 people are interested in the artefact then we might, if it's music, release it as mp3:s instead. Or not at all.
5. Those who pre-order an artefact will be guaranteed a copy of it, and you will be the first one who gets it. We will also always include an exclusive present, a poster or something similar in the package.
6. All names of those who pre-order will be published on the Friendly Noise website as a gesture of our appreciation of your support. (For those who prefer to be anonymous, just let us know and we'll keep it that way.)
7. The first artefact to be released under these guidelines is "Aquatint", the new, fifth album by Testbild! Following last year's "Une teinte intense", an album light as a mirage, that bridges pop, jazz and exotica in the sun-bleached deserts of North Africa, "Aquatint" is, instead, an outburst of underwater inspiration.
8. A taster of "Aquatint" was released as an mp3 single on December 5th: "My Brother the Submariner" / "Garnet Brand Land", and here's detailed information on what to expect from "Aquatint".
9. Be an early adopter, and be one of the 100 pre-orderers, at our shop.
10. Hopefully "Aquatint" will be manufactured, released and delivered during January 2009.
Thank you for your interest!
Friendly Noise / Testbild!
Details about the album here